Africa & Beyond is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Africa & Beyond may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25th May 2018
What we collect
Personal data means any information relating to you which allows us to identify you
We may collect the following information:
- Name, home address, email address, telephone number, passport or other recognised ID card numbers, credit/debit card or other payment details.
- Advanced passenger information, which included your name, date of birth, gender, passport or ID number, expiry date and country of issue.
- Medical conditions for clients who have special medical or dietary requirements.
- Travel history if it is related to the services you book with us.
- Information about your travel companions
- Communication you have with us or direct to us via letters, emails, phone calls or social media.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular we may share this with,
- Transfer providers
- Car hire suppliers
- Excursion/Tour companies
- Government bodies, border control agencies – for compliance with legal requirements
We will also use this information to contact you should there be any changes/cancellations or updates in regard to your booking or in order to deal with a dispute or claim. These are not for marketing purposes so cannot be opted out of.
We will only process your personal data where we have a legal basis to do so. The legal bis will depend on the reasons we have collected your data. In most cases we will need to process your data so we can enter into a contract for services. Other reasons we may process your data include complying with a legal requirement, to protect your vital interests or those of another person (i.e in case of medical emergency), it is in our legitimate interests in operating as a tour operator (eg for administrative purposes)
Only children over 16 can provide their own consent. For children under this age, consent from the children’s parents or legal guardians is required.
We will not hold your data for longer than is necessary. To determine the appropriate retention period, we will need to take into account the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the purpose for which we process it and whether we can achieve those purposes via other means.
We must also consider periods for which we might need to retain personal data in order to meet our legal obligations (e.g to deal with complaints, queries and to protect our legal rights should a claim be made)
International data transfer
Given the nature of the destinations we cover, this will be shared outside of the EEA, as it is necessary for the performance of the contract between the individual and the organisation. While countries outside the EEA do not always have strong data protection laws, we will request all service providers process your information in a secure manner.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
Controlling your personal information
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to
- Request information about whether we hold personal data about you and if so, what that information is and why we are holding/using it
- Request access to your personal information. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you.
- Request correction of the personal information we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to remove or delete personal information where there is no good reason for us to continue processing it.
- Request the restriction of processing of your persona information
- Withdraw consent. I n the limited circumstances where you have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for the specific processing at any time. Once we have received your notification to withdraw consent we will no longer process your information for that purpose.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any other rights. However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for information is clearly unfounded or excessive.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to the access the information. This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to anyone who has no right to receive it.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights or have any queries please contact us by post at Africa and Beyond Ltd, 55 Snowdon Road, Manchester M30 9AS
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.